Friday, December 17, 2010
*_*Chicken 65 - Vahrevah version*_*
Salam semua, chicken 65 lagi....ahaa..tapi versi lain...setelah digoreng ada sos nya pulak.....terasa sedap dan enak bila diperahkan dengan limau nipis. Okay that's it, nothing much to say....I need to take a break!.....kepala fening2 lalat ni.
Chicken 65 - Recipe adapted from Vahrehvah.com
1/2 tsp Aji no moto(MSG)
2 lbs Chicken-dark meat(boneless thigh meat)
1/2 bunch Coriander leaves-chopped
2 tsp cornflour
1/2 tsp each cumin seeds, Pepper powder,chilli powder and salt
4-5 Curry Leaves-chopped
1 tsp Garlic-chopped
1/2 tsp Ginger-chopped
2 tsp ginger and garlic paste
4-5 green chillies
2-3 drops of red colouring
Chili garlic paste
To make the fried chicken pieces:-
1. Take chicken pieces in a non reactive bowl-(We use dark meat so that it is nice and juicy when fried).
2. Mixed chicken with salt, Aji-no-moto,1 tsp ginger/garlic paste, pepper powder-pinch and cornflour.
3. Add 1 egg and mix in completely (Egg coats the meat and keeps the juices in)
4. Heat oil in a frying wok or kadhai. Add chicken pieces few at a time (Do not crowd the kadhai) and fry until lightly golden brown.
5. Drain the fried chicken and remove on a paper towel.
To make the sauce:
This does not need to be very salty (so control salt)
1. Heat 2-3 tsp oil in a pan and add cumin, chopped ginger and garlic.
2. Saute until fragrant, add chopped chillies, curry leaves, 1 tsp ginger
and garlic paste, remaining pepper powder, chilli powder, salt, chilli/garlic paste, aji-no-moto, red color and mixed them.
3. Cook for a few minutes, add a bit of water, then add chicken to this paste and toss lightly. Stir in the coriander leaves, before serving squeeze lime juice and serve.